Expanded Hemodialysis enabled by the Theranova dialyzer brings us one step closer to the natural kidney1
Remove large middle molecules while maintaining stable albumin levels
The Theranova dialyzer delivers superior removal of conventional/large middle molecules (up to 45k Da) compared to high-flux membranes, while maintaining stable serum albumin levels.2
Choosing the Theranova dialyzer may reduce hospitalizations by 45%
An analysis of a randomized controlled trial of US hemodialysis patients showed that all-cause hospitalizations were 45% lower in patients treated with the Theranova dialyzer compared to patients treated with high-flux HD (p = 0.042).3
The Theranova dialyzer may improve patient-reported kidney disease quality of life outcomes compared to high-flux
• Up to 2 hours reduction in patient-reported recovery time4
Single center, retrospective analysis
• Up to 55% reduction in patients meeting diagnostic criteria for Restless Leg Syndrome5
Prospective, multicenter, observational study
• May reduce patient-reported pruritis6
Kidney Disease QoL Short form-36 assessment completed at baseline and at study completion at 12 weeks
See how Theranova works
Watch the video to see how the Theranova dialyzer brings us a step closer to the natural kidney.1
Access our on-demand video library of short (5-15 minutes) modules delivered by experts on topics such as:
• MCO dialyzers like Theranova that bring us one step closer to the natural kidney1
• Pathological role that conventional/large middle molecular toxins (up to 45k Da) play in the development of uremic clinical syndrome
• Evidence surrounding clinical effectiveness, safety and efficacy, patient-reported Quality of Life and health economic outcomes related to HDx therapy
The Theranova Dialyzer is indicated for patients with chronic kidney failure who are prescribed intermittent hemodialysis. It provides an expanded solute removal profile with increased removal of various middle molecules (up to 45 kDa) that may play a pathologic role in the uremic clinical syndrome. The Theranova Dialyzer is not intended for hemofiltration or hemodiafiltration therapy. The total extracorporeal blood volume for the Theranova Dialyzer and the set should represent less than 10% of the patient's blood volume.
For single use only.
Rx Only. For the safe and proper use of this device, refer to the Instructions for Use.
Baxter, HDx, Theranova, and MCO are trademarks of Baxter International Inc. or its subsidiaries.